Saturday, February 06, 2010

downstaffed

The little-est one :) Sethie has had a runny nose, tiny, weak cough..and has been a little extra fussy. Lastnight, I called out to be here with him and Jay...just because I work 35 minutes away and I just couldn't be that far away you know. Today he is better (of course after some loving on today and cuddle time after bathtime)...but work called and told me that, according to our census of patients, I could be downstaffed. (meaning, not go in :)) So, I took it. And, here I sit. Sethie is asleep, Parker is at his grandmas, Jay is shopping for something for the movie room...and...I'm in my own recliner. I would be knitting right now but one of my needles clankedy clanked all the way down in the chair somewhere and I couldn't dig it out. Taco bell was dinner tonight. It's already feeling toxic. College basketball is on the tv and I have on my doggie-print flannel pj pants and a tshirt. And, life is good. I ordered a heat wrap thingee last week off of etsy- it's like a little pillow thing with deer corn in it. You zap it in the microwave for 2 and a half minutes and wham-o...it's cozy,cuddly, and warm for at LEAST 30 minutes! I'm thinking of making some. :)
 We did our taxes today and we are getting a little bit of salad back :) * I may be almost 27 but I still know a few slang terms, like SALAD :) Anyways, Jay and I are going to split the money and spend however we want :) I am going to invest in a good sewing machine with mine. I have so many fun ideas and just want to start sewing fun things to sell after the boys are asleep in the evenings. I think it'll be fun. :) Washington DC got like 30 inches of snow today and I must say that I'm jealous. However, I am looking forward to tulips peaking and buttercups peaking out from the hard ground. I'm ready to drop some dollars on some patio furniture and hanging baskets. And, I also want some wild colored terra cotta pots (2 per step) for the front steps. I'm such a geezer, I know.
Hope y'all are all well. I would love a few comments from my loyal readers. I'm not sure anyone is reading this nonsense!!
Happy hugs,
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Blog Archive

Followers