Friday, February 26, 2010

Sassy Pants

Today, on the way to work, I realized...I'm getting my sassy pants back. You know, it takes awhile after the babies...
I looked down at my wrist..and there say my Betsey Johnson polka dot watch (I'll have to show you a pic..). I looked in the rearview mirror and saw my purple artsy fartsy fun glasses and winked at myself just because. I stepped on the gas and felt the sassyness ? of my patent leather black Danskos. And, I realized..I'm pretty sassy.
Now, I have to tell you that I'm also wearing my monogrammed cardigan. Do you hate me for that?! I mean, I just couldn't resist.
All of these things I was able to get because of my part of our tax refund. I have to say, it's really helped me get out of a little funk I've been in. Well, that and knowing that b/c I've started accutane, my skin will be glowing and hopefully much more blemish-free than before.
I think I'm a secret prep. A closet prep. I like all things better with my initials on them. I mean, let's not go crazy..I don't have monogrammed sheets or anything but ....I'd like to okay?
However, the predominant side of me likes strange things. You know, wild colored socks and funky headbands? Pretty nailpolishes and acrylic rings. Can't help it. It's IN me. I prefer abstract paintings over still life and like mismatched bedding with crazy pillows. I'd rather have 15 mismatched glasses to drink from rather than a set.
I'm a hodgepodge. I'm a plethora. I'm a smorgasboard.

Hodgepodge out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Blog Archive

Followers