Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Oh I know!!

Well, wouldn't you know, as soon as I published the other post, I thought of something to blog about. Funny how that works. Well....today I got my first prescription of Accutane filled. (Go ahead, gasp) Go ahead, tell me my skin is FINE, tell me you never noticed. WHATEVER. I'm here to tell YOU that my skin is a disaster. Mostly around my chin!!! I don't care that everyone has pimples now and again. I don't want them. I mean, I turn 27 on Monday and I'm far too old to be embarassed about my skin. I've tried minocycline, benzaclin, clindamycin, differin, proactive, neutrogena, nothing...you name it, I've tried it. So, let me just educate you about what an ordeal it is to take Accutane. When you first go to your dermatologist, you have to have tried lots of things...then, you have to have a pregnancy test. 30 days later, you have ANOTHER pregnancy test and blood tests that measure your liver function. After those results are back, you get a prescription for the medication. However, you have a registry online that you have to go under MONTHLY, the prescription has NO refills, MEANING--you have to go back monthly for pregnancy tests and blood tests and a checkup. NO JOKE. So, this stuff is the real deal. And, I have to say that I've been a little worried about taking it. All the things that they talk about....and Lord knows if my mom reads this..but you know what? I'm deserving of this break. I'd just like to go to the grocery store without makeup on...even check the mail without being self conscious about it. I think that it'll give me the extra self confidence that I've been needing since having (count 'em) 2 darling baby boys.I mean, I may be a mom but I'm not going to spend the rest of my life in sweatpants and covered with makeup all the time, you know? I'm ready to SHINE (in that NOT oily kindof way ))
So, I guess I do have a lot to talk about...if you have any skin troubles you'd like to comment about, please feel free to do so. I mean, it's a day by day journey...the skin thing.
I'll let you guys know how it's going.
Cheers to me...
~Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Blog Archive

Followers