Friday, February 12, 2010

pieces

Okay, so it looks like I've posted lots of pics over the last few days and I've done a shotty job of explaining them. Ugh. There's so many. Let's see...one night, we had red roasted potatoes with grilled BBQ chicken. I was so proud of my little red roasted potatoes that I thought I'd post them on the blog and tell everyone how to make them! I guess EVERYONE probably knows how to make them...easy as pie. Well...frozen pie I guess :) I just splashed them with olive oil, garlic (real chopped up..not just the salt...pat on back!) and salt and pepper. I put them in a cute pyrex..plopped them in the oven and baked at 350 F for like an hour. And, they were delicious!!!! Oh how I just loved them. But, maybe it's because I lovooove carbs. I'm an addict. I mean, Jay made mouth-watering BBQ chicken. You know, the kind that you have when the BBQ sauce kindof makes a thick crust in areas on the chicken? Oh my...but I didn't take a pic of that...instead, I chose the carbs. Like always.
I digress. Okay, let's see. I also posted some pics that don't look like they uploaded. Darn boogers. I wish I could explain THAT! They were probably of the potatoes, considering I took a lot. Okay okay, enough with the potatoes already!
Seth really seems to be enjoying the bumbo, he looks all around and squeals like the little piglet that he is. It's funny. Parker Jay likes to sneak and sit in it when we aren't looking. We come out of the kitchen, or come downstairs and there he sits watching SuperWhy or Sid the Science Kid. He's hilarious. I should've taken a pic of that. We have to hide the bumbo up high on the bookshelf...out of his reach.
So, probably the most fun things we got this week in my opinion are from craigslist. OH MY HEART belongs to craigslist. 2 nightstands. Oh, the potential. THAT'S what I should've posted pics of. And, I plan to do so later. They were $30 for BOTH. Not EACH, BOTH! They are over 50 years old and they are just darling. I plan on sanding them and painting them. I want them to be funky and ecclectic - you know my taste! They have really cute white porcelain knobs on them and I'm sure they are originals.
Jay showed Parker the ropes this week with the drill. The electric drill- yeah a real one. Talk about giving me a heartattack. Jay finally finished the riser for our movie room over the garage. We are going to have stadium seating in there :) I mean, it's totally a guy thing but I have to say, it's really really nice. I'm looking forward to watching a few scary movies in there. I always embarass myself when I scream and jump at the theatres. :) Does anyone else do that?
Here we are, in NC....Raleigh to be exact...and we're getting MORE SNOW?! I mean, I love it. Bring it on. I'm not worried this time about getting stuck. Ellie the Element will get me home safe, after all, it's only snow this time!
Well, enough rambling for one day. I'm looking forward to Valentine's Day..I must say. But, I'm adored and loved all year long. What more could one girl ask for?
Happy Love Day to all...

~Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Blog Archive

Followers