Thursday, September 30, 2010

A new post...

Let's see...it's been raining for 3 entirely whole (:0) days now. And nights, let's not forget the nights. Oh the nights. And, I think it's been raining on the entire east coast of the USA now for those same three days and nights because everyone on my fb page keeps commenting on the rain. Some, (like me) LOVE the rain, and some LOATHE the rain. I've had a chance to catch up on some sleep because thank goodness, rain has the same effect on the kids, making them whiny and sleepy. I've had an excuse NOT to get out and hustle and bustle. At present, I am sitting at the table in our kitchen drinking (GASP) a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. Bless it's heart, I've had the grande going on an hour now. I'm trying to enjoy every last speck of it! We recently took the blinds down off the bay window in the kitchen. Just too dark for me. If I had things entirely my way, I'd tear down every blind one by one and chunk them in the attic for good. I just love being able to see outside so often--and notice daily the seasons changing. And, in our case...the rain!! :0)
I've been pretty poopie about blogging lately. I don't know why. I think it's because i don't feel like I've really had the time to sit down and reflect. And, when I do, I feel overwhelmed to blog about the kids. Well, because they make up such a large part of my daily life. But, really there's a lot of things that I'd like to blog about besides them sometimes. I mean, really it always seems to circle back to them but you know...I can try to have some adult chatter with myself :)  Like, how excited I am to watch Grey's Anatomy tonight? I mean, I love love love that show. It's exciting and I feel like I learn something everytime I watch it. I also tear up everytime I watch it! It won't be long before it will be windy and cold around here...gusty and everyone you know, including me will be knitting scarves for Christmas gifts and sipping on hot cocoa with REAL marshmellows. Oh, it's coming friends. Hang in there. And, enjoy the rest. And, if it isn't raining where you are today, it is in NC. Just pretend. Think of all the pretty umbrellas there are to be had!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, pumpkin spice latte! Something about autumn isn't complete without it! :)

    Ps: About yellowstone, yes you must definitely put it on your list. Your cute kiddos would love it!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers