Sunday, August 15, 2010

A beachy kind of moment..

My brain is just always running. Do you know that feeling? Always reeling, thoughts, things to do, dreams of tomorrow, happiness from today. Things we need from the store, things that need to be mailed, the family swaggerwagon needs an inspection and registration renewal, what are we going to plan for the boys' birthdays? You know. It's a wild conversation up there in that ole brainy brain of mine. And, then I remember a calmness. A quietness. A "peace be still" moment or moments. Boca Raton Florida--middle of July. Oceanside. Pay no attention to my grammar and fragments in this post. Anyways anyways...back to the oceanside. Breeze, salty-air. And, quietness. No rambling in my brain. No do this, do that. No don't forget about this or that. No checking the mail. No dishes or laundry. Just me and my silence and my soulmate and the moments. And, I realize it's mind over matter. I realize that I can sit here right now. With a phone ringing, a icemaker humming, and a tele monitor alarming (pt is fine, no worries :) and I can close my eyes for one second, take a deep breath and be right there. RIGHT THERE. But, as hard as I try, it just isn't the same. It's just a tease and I blink and it's back to reality. There is something, some place, some spirit, some electricity that moves within me at the beach as I listen to the waves and feel the sand that moves me. It absolutely changes me. The water comes over my ankles with each wave. When it gets sucked back in by the tide, it washes away the dirt in my soul. The stench of everyday life and makes me whole again. The ocean, it is my Jesus. (Don't hate me because I said that.) It is my rebirth, my born again, my awakening. And, I thank my soul and the universe and my god for making that power and feeling and presence on this earth for me. And, I thank my spirit and body and mind for being able to feel the power that is sleeping in the ocean, waiting for me to return.

It is my hope that somehow...everyone can find their ocean. Their silence. Own it. Feel it. Let it change you.
I promise it's there. And, I think every single day. Every day I try to get there again. And, if I could have it my way, I'd be a beach bum...happy with my house decorated with seashells and flip flops by the front door.

Love and sand from my soul to yours!
~Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers