Monday, July 19, 2010

Thankful

So, we returned from Boca Raton early early in the morning Friday. For the first time in over 3 1/2 years I was able to soak my toes in the salty water, soak up a few sunbeams and inhale and EXHALE thankfully. Blissfully. It was so wonderful. The water was the bluest most clear thing...reminded me of my boys' eyes. What a treat to know and remember and cherish that in the stressful moments of my days and weeks and months, there are continuous waves forming and crashing and washing and cleansing and renewing. While I sat there, with my toes dainty and proper...I couldn't help but mutter a thank you to my personal inner God. To the thing that brought me all the good things in my life. To the power that moves me when I'm feeling part of the ocean. For, in those moments...I was renewed somehow. And, I KNEW it. I could feel it. And, oh that is why I love the ocean. It's ever-changing, ever waxing and waning. And, calm. God knew I needed it.
And, so here I am at work. Surrounded by wackos. (God bless them) and I can't help but wish my toes were in that water, that my hair was sandy and knotty from the breeze. How fortunate I am to have such a fresh memory in my mind of such a special time.
I'm telling you. When you find someone who loves you...who REALLY TRULY loves you...it takes you a LONG time to really understand that they do. And, the same person who made that ocean for me to enjoy, who made me powerless to it's calming effects, the same power that renews me when I am there....that same power brought Jay to me. Brought me to him. And, I've never NEVER felt so complete. So whole. So satisfied.
I felt compelled to write. I felt compelled to journal. To make run-on sentences straight from my soul. If I am ever diagnosed with some sad illness, some life-wrenching, tortuous diagnosis, it is @ the beach that I will long to be, with my toes in the sand, my boys, and the love of my life. ...because he renews me like the ocean. Each wave, strength.
Be inspired, be loved.
~Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers