Friday, July 23, 2010

Lizzie Dub

Well, SOMEbody finally got their little green bug! ME :0) And, like most VWs...she has a name. It's LIZZIE! I'm just loving her. She is a 5spd so she zips me here and there and everywhere. And, did I mention she's GREEN!!???
I'm so happy and thankful. Mostly, it'll be my work car. That way, Jay will have the baby mobile (element) at home incase he wants to do something during the day and won't be back in time for me to take the baby mobile to work.
I've gotten on the newbeetle.org website and am quickly meeting other geeks who love their dubs as much as I do!
I have to say that I wish it wasn't so darn hot around NC so that I could ride around with the windows down! But, right now I'm just rocking the AC.
On the home front, Seth appears to be cutting another tooth (this makes his 3rd). It's a big front one on the top. I'm hoping it will be in soon because he just fusses and fusses. The only thing that makes him feel better is eating more :) I mean, he is my kid after all right?! Haha. Parker will be starting school in September and I'm just so ready. I think he's going to love it. We went to the playground earlier in the week and there were kids there a little older than him but still probably preschool age and they were MEAN. They were hitting each other (Not Parker of course) and fighting. I was mortified. How do parents put up with that?! It's going to be bittersweet, for sure. He's been sharing his cars more and more and gotten better about napping. My favorite thing to do in the evening or morning when they are trying my nerves is to put them in the bathtub and watch them play. Seth finally loves the water and squeals and squeals.
Life is good. I'm a busy lady these days with requirements from work and working weekend nights and trying to keep the laundry done and dishes done. But, thank God for Jay. He usually knows what I need before I need it.
God bless my little 4 loyal readers.
Hope you are well!!
~Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers