Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hi!

So, after the horrible post that was yesterday, I feel compelled to write again :) The guys had to come back today and finish fixing the ac fan thingee. It didn't bother me so much because we weren't trying to get out of the house. In fact, we were all napping when they CALLED and Jay told them it'd be best if they came back after lunch. And, we continued to nap. Snuggled up, warm, cuddly..with fluffy pillows and the sleep machine on. Is there anything a good nap can't fix?
On another note, it's Thursday...which means I'll be working all weekend again :*( It seems like the weeks FLY by. That's both good and bad! Regardless, I'm just thankful that I have set hours and a pretty set paycheck :)

On to the diet. I've lost 7 lbs since starting the "cookie diet"....yesss. Nod your head, think what you will. But, PROMISE it works. It was featured on abcnews..go ahead, google it. It's wizbang because you get 6 cookies to eat throughout the day and then 500-600 calories for dinner. So, I eat 2 for breakfast, 2 for lunch, 2 for snack (or late after dinner snack) and then grilled chicken breast or skillet chicken breast for dinner. The cookies are fortified with vitamins and such..and they're chocolate flavored. Now, they're not like girl scout cookies or anything but they're pretty decent for missing meals. The first few days were really hard. And, I went out with some girlfriends lastnight and had some appetizer and a salad and BEERS (lite..haha) but, it's the first slip in almost 3 weeks. That's pretty remarkable if you know what I eat! (JUNK). The cookies come with a multivitamin that you take, they're included in the cookie kit. Anyways, just thought you'd like to know what I've been doing to try and lose some weight. It's easier when I'm working and sleeping all day but really not bad during the week because I just toss the cookie bag in my purse and we're off!!
Since I haven't been eating anything junky, I'm sitting here wanting to make cupcakes and bake fun fudgey, moist goodness. I'm sure that's just cravings but aren't foods just so pretty?!
I hope y'all are doing well. I'm about as happy as I could possibly be...well, besides having a mansion at the beach.
~Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers