Wednesday, June 02, 2010

catsup...ketchup, catch up :)

Okay, well Sethie has 2.5 teeth!!! FINALLY! He has 2 bottom ones and almost one peeking on the top. We find him awake in the morning, sitting up in his crib and playing with his toys. He is the happiest little soul. Well, unless he has a messy diaper. In the car, when he starts to fuss, I can usually just turn around and rub his hair and he quiets down and nods off to sleep. It's the sweetest thing. It's priceless. Today, I kept rubbing his hair even after I knew he was asleep just because. Well, because I was cherishing it. That angel hair. Those baby hairs. Never been cut, similar to baby bird hair- flowy and feathery.
Parker Jay. How's Parker Jay, you want to know? Well, a mess to say the least. The things he says are just hilarious. My favorite right now is .."mama, are you happy?" but, it's how he says happy. He says "happp- peee?" Of course I always say yes. Most of the time he asks me after he goes to the bathroom like a big boy. It kindof blows my mind that he is already learning about what happiness is. I mean, that's like asking me what a soul is. I also love that whenever Seth gets upset or starts to cry, he'll say, "mommy, Sethie needs a bottle?" and his pitch changes mid-word when he says bottle. He's really on a CARS kick right now. We started buying a car for him when we go to Target or Wal-mart and he knows all of their names. Now, he's been asking for them by name! It's crazy. And, pretty cute I must admit.
I started my new job at Wakemed and it's nice to be back home. It's nice to be back with familiar faces and happy doctors. It's nice to think about what the future holds and what doors will open for me just from this decision alone.
Jay continues to work on his MR2. ...tweaking this and that...installing this and that. It's a turn on really. But, I'm sure that's more appropriate for another blog :)
Our first year anniversary came and went. I had to work unfortunately. But, let me tell you. I fall in love with that man more everyday. I swear he's Clark Kent's brother- my hero.

I just had a few minutes, and I felt like I really owed yall a little something something.
Happy Summer friends.
I get my strength from your strength!
~Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers