Sunday, June 13, 2010

Baby bird hairs

So, let's see. Sethie is standing up. For real. All by himself. Well, while leaning on things. It's absolutely precious and .... lastnight, I went in and woke him up, gave him a bottle so that MAYBE just MAYBE we'd be able to get a few extra hours of sleep. And, he just fit so perfectly in my fat arms. His fat arms, my fat arms. Oh, it was the sweetest moment in all eternity. And, I'm NOT overreacting. We gave him a bath lastnight before bed and his hair was all feathery and soft and flowy. It was like bigbird hair but softer and more flowy :) I could have just eaten him up. I mean, it just doesn't get better. I'm really really trying to hold onto this moments. Knowing that Sethie is more than likely (yes folks) our last...(my sanity cannot take it.)I just cherish it. Thinking of him, and how fast he is growing and will grow. Dreaming of what he will say, how he will come snuggle with us in the mornings too like Parker. Oh, family. Sweet sweet family. Those little bird hairs of his just make me feel so...so....fulfilled. Like, I was put on this planet to have him with those little bird hairs. But, let me explain. They aren't old bird hairs. They're BABY bird hairs. You got me?
I go to see him in the morning and he is grinning ear to ear. No one else is EVER happy to see me ALL the time. I mean, we're being real here people. But, he is. It's simply wonderful.
If there's a heaven....he's from there.

Love to you all, bird hairs included!
~Kimmie

PS--I have every intention of posting a picture of this little 8 month wonder, standing up..but, since I have no cellphone signal in the hospital, I'll have to do it tomorrow. :) Stay posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers