Saturday, April 24, 2010

Still here

Hi guys! So much has happened since the last time that I have blogged. I've been really bad about blogging. But, honestly I just haven't had the time to sit down and reflect or really absorb what's been going on. Seth has started crawling. Oh, it's just so sweet. Also, he is eating solids like a champ. Well, let's say, he's eating fruits. He LOVES anything banana, banana mango, or pear. Oh, it's adorable. He sticks his little tongue out in the most peculiar little way while he's eating or when he's hungry. His neck is fat. His legs are fat. Oh, it's that wonderful flubbery fat. The kind that you just want to blow on and make jiggle. He laughs and laughs. I call it "getting sugar." His first real attempt at crawling was actually an attempt to get to my cellphone. I slid it a few feet away and, since it was lit up...his eyes where captivated. He lunged, he reached, he rocked, and somehow he got it.He likes playing in his crib now. Who knows what time he really wakes up because he's always playing in there, exploring, learning.
Parker Jay, well he's just a mess and a half too. We enrolled him in a local preschool. He will start in the fall. I never realized what a big deal this is yall. When we went and took a little tour of the classrooms, I just couldn't believe it. We might as well have been taking him to kindergarten! There were alphabet things all over, teeny short chairs, chalkboards, crayons, CUBBIES. I think it was the CUBBIES that really did me in .They were all each labeled with a different child's name. PRECIOUS. And so, it begins. He will begin to spread those little wings of his, and scatter his personality all over. It's really hard to see him go. Really hard. But, it's also a blessing. It's good for him. I cannot wait to hear all the fun things that he says, see all the things he makes. I cannot wait to display his little art on the refridgerator and look over his little progress reports. He really is a good kid.
Jay just finished putting a motor in a car for a friend. He bought the car on craigslist with a blown motor, ordered a new one, and BAM, now the thing is running like a champ. Amazing. He never ceases to amaze me. The oil under his nails and across his forehead...mmm....mmmmm....mmmm. Just does it. I'll spare you.
On the job front, there seem to be prospects my friends. That's all I'm sayin. Prospects. I'll let the cat out of the bag when it's time for that. Just know, that things are looking up. WAY up.
Everyone I know seems to be newly engaged, getting married, just married, or pregnant. And, I have to say, I'm glad not to be in any of those boats! I'm so happy that I've got the two boys and am happily married and I don't have to go through all of that again!!
We have a lizard friend outside, we named her Lizzie. She likes to bask in the sun on the bottom front step. Parker Jay likes her. We bought *FINALLY a few chairs for the back covered porch and I am really looking forward to spending some downtime in them with a book, or coffee and a friend.
I apologize for all this blubbering and blabbering. This is what happens when I don't blog in...forever.
I hope yall are well. My 2 loyal readers. :)
Peace out cub scout!
~Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers