Saturday, April 03, 2010

Sandra Bullock

What's with all these cheaters lately? John Edwards, Tiger Woods, Jesse James?! I'm so frustrated because they seem to all be married to good girls- you know, the ones to raise a family with? To "take home to mom!" I'm just confused! I absolutely am a HUGE fan of Sandra Bullock. I think that she is so funny, ladylike, and GOOD. I mean, how can I know really? Well, I mean...she is okay? I was looking up the latest on her tonight while at work.I found a quote from her that she said awhile back- long before this whole fiasco with her hubs Jesse James. The quote is- "My goal now is to remember every place I've been, only do things I love, and not say yes when I don't mean it." How wonderful! I simply love that quote. But, I'm a quote lover by nature. I just hate that all of these women who are keepers- wives, friends, lovers, advocates, supporters, moms to their husbands children are all getting burned. Uh. It really does look bad on men. For sure, there is NOTHING that any woman could ever do to deserve being cheated on. These men, these cheaters. UGH they are all long term, and with many women. My heart goes out to these strong women- who are struggling to stay or to go. And, I hope that we can all learn something from Sandra's quote. The fact is, nothing is guarenteed. These men all promised to be honest, loving, devoted, and faithful. It really bothers me for them that they are going through these things. I cannot imagine the thought of not knowing. I can't imagine the thought of having to make the decision of whether to stay or go. I cannot imagine the pain, defeat, shattered dreams. I really think that it's never about the sex. So, I'm gonna keep hugging, kissing, and (sigh) scratching my husband's back while he falls asleep at night. I'm going to try to do a little better about stressing out about all the things that a mistress wouldn't stress about. And, I'm going to pray that I never have to know exactly how they feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers