Friday, April 30, 2010

Lockdown

If you're here, it's because I want you here. I've had problems with people at work, etc getting on my blog and chit chatting behind my back and it getting back to me. I'm totally done with that mess. This blog is very important to me. I post lots of things straight from my heart on here, pictures of my kids, my frustrations about life and all the little chapters therein. And, don't be a stalker and not tell me. So, I ask that if you read my blog, don't show it to everyone at work, if I wanted them to see it, they would have a password too. This blog, it's like a journal to me. It's my freedom of expression and anything that I type, and write is for my benefit.
Anyways...I can officially say that I got the job at Wakemed!! WOOHOO! I will start hospital orientation on May 10th and my last official shift at UNC will be May 15th! That's 2 weeks from now! WOO HOO!! I'm so ready to leave I don't know what to do. I feel like UNC has been exactly what I needed for awhile. But, I'm tired of feeling lazy and out of the nursing loop. I need skills people, skills!! I'm looking forward to working with some of my old buddies and meeting new buddies. I really felt good about myself while there.
I'm pretty done with people who make work their life. Work isn't life. Life is life. I mean, I have 2 kids, a hubs, a dog. I don't come to work to make friends and gossip. That's just not me. And, if I doooo gossip, it's with sass. You aren't going to hear about it. The disadvantage of working on a small unit is that everyone is all up in everyone else's bidnass. Over it. I don't have time for it. I thought about taking down the blog. But, I can't do that!!!! I love uploading pics and such tooo much. And, I love reading other's blogs. I feel like it's very important to separate your work life from your home life.
Anyways, enough of that soapbox, really.
Makes me wanna eat something. Dammit I love to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers