Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm Baaaaaack!

Okay, obviously, it's late and I'm blogging. You can put 1 and 1 together and figure out that I'm at work. The night started out pretty messy. I had to follow behind a few negligent nurses...oops, did I say that outloud? Maybe we'll save that for another day!! So, the ring..the RING! I am able to brag all I want to, right? I mean, who really reads my blog anyway?! Well, I've been hinting and hinting...about a new piece of something shiny and pretty and nice. And, the other day, we were stuck in Burlington *another story~this is what happens when I go too long without blogging. Anyways, I was frustrated, the kids were tired, whining, pooping, you name it and they were doing it in the car. I was this close { } to pulling my hair out. And, then Jay says, " I'm sorry beeb, when we get home, we'll try and go by Jareds and look at rings." My diamond radar ears went ding ding ding ding!!! And, you would have thought I had taken a pill. A chill pill. Ah, let 'em cry, let 'em poop...I'm going to look at DIAMONDS! So, Macy was able to swing by a few minutes before American Idol so that we could run over to the mall. *Jareds is out in BFE so we decided to go to Zales anyways. I started looking at the solitairs- that's all I wanted ...a princess cut one!! Well, Jay starts going wild with the snazzy stuff and insists that I try on this here one :) Now, anyone who knows me knows..I like to glam it up. But, on a day to day basis, my hair is wind-blown, in the smallest ponytail possible. And, I usually have on jeans and a comfy tshirt or hoodie. That's just how I roll. I mean, when you have a toddler and a spitty baby, that's just how you roll. So, anyways...he bought it right there. I was STUNNED. STUNNED I tell you! On the way home, I just kept looking at it and beaming. And, he says, "You deserve it." MUSIC to my ears. I really think there's a little bit of power in those words. In hearing those words. It kinda makes me wanna dress up. It makes me wanna go for a walk. It makes me wanna SMILE. Now, everytime that I look out, I think I deserve it. And, what a wonderful thought. I've never had anything so nice. I can't believe that someone would flat out spend THAT much money on me. And happily and freely give. I think that this ring sums him up. I mean all of it. Every thought of it. So, I look down and just feel straight up SASS. It's really remarkable. I'm trying not to let it all go to my head.
I am loved; HA.
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers