Thursday, March 18, 2010

You know you're a mom when...

You know you're a mom when....
1. There are toys on the stairs, EACH stair.
2. There is laundry in every room, overflowing the brim of the basket.
3. You're always the one changing the toilet paper roll.
4. Your DVR box has more PBS kids and UNCTV than Grey's Anatomy, American Idol, and God-forbid, anything Lifetime!
5. You consider vacation an hour to read.
6.You don't go down the grocery aisle with all the people on it-because they might be sick. You circle and hit that one last.
7. You have to sani-wipe the grocery cart even when you are by yourself.
8. Your eyes burn EVERYTIME you close them, begging you for more sleep.
9.ANYTHING is a burp cloth.
10. You go to pull out your wallet and pull out a car instead.
11.Quiet never sounded so good.
12.You can't remember the last time you heard a bird sing outside
13.You wonder just how long they'll nap
14. You find that no matter how many times you wash the kitchen table off, it's always sticky.

I'm pretty worn out this week folks...pretty worn the mess out.
Sleep well, for those of us who can't!

~Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Blog Archive

Followers