Sunday, March 21, 2010

Time Out

So, I think today I took a time out. You know, where you think...this is really MY life. I mean...of course it's my life, it's going on all around me. I'm tired, I'm sleep-deprived, no vacation in I dunno how long. I'm raising 2 boys. Really raising them. I'm making them into people! (Okay, side note...they both have come pre-programmed with many things...things I KNOW I didn't teach them :) But, really...sometimes the severity of it all...whew. It's wild. I mean, it makes me look at my mom differently. I mean, she's still young. Heck, she probably feels the youngest she has in a long time after having no kids in the house. But, I just can't believe that these people..they're my FAMILY. There are so many people who don't really have family. They are my age, still partying it up on the weekends, still living under their parent's roof...still having their car insurance under their parents name. I mean. Who are they, really? I'm finally starting to know who I am. Is that crazy? I mean, now that I know all the things I'd like to be, to do, to see...I really can't. I can't help but wonder if that happens to everyone. It's like, I didn't really grow up until I had kids. And, that's a blessing. It's wonderful. And, it's a joy to be able to see something grow and change and become GOOD right before my eyes.But, I also see that the responsibility is overwhelming in moments. Especially those moments that I take a time out and really think about what it is I'm doing.
Random-- the other day, we were going to walmart or somewhere. We told Parker Jay to get his shoes on. He went and got his favorite Lightning McQueen slippers. We were going to tell him that he needed to change and put his sneakers on. But, decided not to. You know what...you're only 2 and a half once in your life. And, if you want to wear your slippers to the store...so be it. I kinda learned something about myself in that moment. It's all about what makes us happy, you know? I always make Parker hold our hands in the parking lot, I always make sure that he brushes his teeth before bed. Those are things I am firm about. But, slippers to walmart? Naaaa, I let that slide. The hard part is knowing what to let slide and what to be firm on.

Happy Spring!! I heard through the grapevine that M&Ms are out now in pastels for spring...all the more reason to have a handful or two? I think spring time and sunshine and well, M&Ms...their goodness just goes deep to the soul!

~Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Blog Archive

Followers