Saturday, March 27, 2010

Rainboots

Thursday was rainday in Raleigh. It was dark, gloomy, grey. For those of you who read Twilight, the day was like something out of Forks. My rainboots, they're not grey. They are bangin red. Red PAISLEY to be exact. My mom and stepdad George (love that name) got them for me on my birthday this year. They must have known that April showers were on the way. I hate to say this, because I LOVE the sunshine and feel well overdue for some...but....I kindof like the rainy days. And with rainboots on, I can splash in the puddles with Parker Jay and feel like a kid again too. And, sometimes I wear them when it isn't raining. Well, because they are so cute. Mom and George gave me about 10 packs of seeds for my birthday too. I planted them a few weeks ago..in the rain. :0) I'm hoping that the sunflowers and the wild flowers will start to peek out of the ground soon. Flowers, ugh I love 'em. We have this AMAZING back patio porch that is covered and has a ceiling fan and all. We haven't bought any furniture for out there yet. When we moved in, it was a priority. Somehow it has slipped a few spots down the list. I daydream of sitting out there and playing cards this summer, you know with our citronella candles burning and off bug spray on, sipping homemade sweet tea and snacking on...WATERMELON. I can't say that I love any season more than the next. I'm always ready for the next one and the next one. There are so many fun things about spring (besides the pollen) but I love the summer. I'm always ready for the crunch of leaves in the fall- with orange skies and the smell of burning leaves. Mulling spices on the stove..cinnamon sticks. Oh, isn't the imagery of the seasons wonderful? I have no idea why I'm rambling on about such things. I sit here at work and dream of all sorts of things. How I love walking barefoot along the edge of where the ocean meets the land, and feeling the oceanwater spray me in the face as the tide rolls in. I love the wet sand in my toes. The sand between my toes is like times past...everything coming full circle. It's been awhile since I've been to the beach. And then, those mountains...lush. Green. Full of life. Full of newness, fresh air, animals. Life. Jagged rocks and pristine waterfalls. Birds and houses tucked waaaay back in the trees and up hills and up and down winding roads. More gravel than concrete.
Life is good. What a gift it is to dream. To be able to center myself, and dream.
Thank you God, for I am not a lot of things...but I am a dreamer.

~Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Blog Archive

Followers