Saturday, January 23, 2010

rambling woman

I guess some pictures are just too darling not to post twice!! Sorry about that! I upload the pics from my blackberry and it's hard for me to remember which ones I've uploaded and which ones I haven't. And, of course I want to share them ALL!
I spoke with my nurse manager tonight about trying to transfer to the Emergency Department here if there are openings. I told her that I just feel like I need to be doing more, like I am better than what I'm doing now. I dream of flight nursing one day, I dream of being part of an elite team of life savers. I didn't go to nursing school to sit on my butt all night and make dollars. I went to nursing school to learn the basics so that I can use my brain and SAVE lives, not just change them. Anyone has the power to change someone elses life. There are very few people who know what to do to SAVE lives. I'm hoping that I will have the opportunity to work with phenomenal docs, RTs, NPs, PAs, and of course RNs...I'm really hoping this transition works out. I posted a few months ago about how I was feeling. I am ready. Let's ROLL.
On another note, my Jayman finally got his car. And, I am oh so happy. It's nice to have 2 cars again, now he can lug the babies all around if I'm at work and he won't feel so stuck.
Seth is sleeping longer periods of time during the day and night and it's pretty freakin wonderful. He loves his rice cereal and his moma. And, oh my stars I just adore that little one. He has stars in his eyes like my Parker Jay. Both of those boys just have my heart and soul. Seth is so snuggly and warm and fat and cozy. And, I make him feel safe and home. I could just hold him all day. Parker is just so big these days. He hit his head on the table the other day and whined about it. I picked him up and took him to my rocking chair, kissed him and he was squirming to get down. I was sad. I wanted to just rock him all afternoon. He doesn't understand how big he's getting.
I'm going to the dermatologist on Monday afternoon and I'm going to leave with a script for Accutane. Isn't that terrible of me? I am sick of this acne business. I want it gone once and for all. I've tried Benzaclin, Clindamycin, Minocycline, Differin, Proactive, Proacne...I"m done okay? I'm almost 27 and there is no sign that it's getting better. Now, let me just say that it isn't terrible. It's mostly a self-esteem issue and I know that. However, it's one that I've had for as long as I can remember. I always have 1 or 2 or 5 pimples. I'm tired of it. I'm a big girl and I'm done with worrying about it. I'd love to go to the grocery store, the beach, the pool without feeling that I have to wear makeup. I'd love to feel like my skin could just be naked.
I know that it's going to dry my skin up like a raisin, chap my lips like the harshest winter. I say...bring it on bay bay!!!! I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes. I'm sure that there will be blood tests, pregnancy tests, etc...before I get the script. But, I'm ready.
I still have not finished Breaking Dawn. I'm about 3/4 of the way finished. I am so worried I'm going to hear someone talking about the ending and it's going to just ruin it for me. I just want some big chunks of time that I can sit down and read it, enjoy it and practically inhale it. I mean, it's hard to do that at work because my eyeballs are so tired. I guess I'll bring it back tonight and try for a second go.
I hope everyone is doing well. I hope you guys enjoy reading this silly blog of mine.
Baby dust!!
~Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers