Sunday, January 17, 2010

hello 2010

Well, Happy New Year to everyone out there in bloggie land! I must say that I've been a very busy lady lately! I have been working weekends still at UNC and trying to sleep as much as possible. 2 boys just wear me OUT! I've also been trying to unpack and get settled into our new little home!
And, just to throw one more thing on the pile of things to do, I've discovered KNITTING! Oh, how I do LOVE it! I learned how to crochet as a child and have been forever controlled by ONE NEEDLE! However, one night at work, I was watching a youtube video on knitting and picked it up in a snap! Now, I'm knitting and purling away! Of course, I'm just excited to be doing a scarf right now :) However, now that I've learned all the main stitches, I'm excited about using circular needles, and buying FUN yarn! I mean, the options are endless! I guess I'm officially a hippie now, lol. One of my best friends Macy is a knitterbug too! I think that we should get some girls together one evening a week at my house, everyone bring a snack, yarn, and the latest gossip and we just sit around and chit and knit! I'm excited that I taught myself...I usually just get too frustrated with 2 needles....so, here's to 2010---learning new things and having patience with myself!! CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers