Sunday, December 20, 2009

New house!

Hi all! I am at work as I always am when I post. I feel like I have so much to update you on. We found a GORGEOUS house to rent in a prominent part of town/old part of town and it's AMAZING. It's convenient to here, there and yonder! We signed a 2 year lease and we may eventually have the option to buy!!!We have moved in the bare essentials. The bed, some frozen foods, toothbrushes,toothpaste, towels, some clothes are all there. Today, I carried our clean sheets over and made the bed in our room. I made it really homey-like..with our fun throw pillows and all. I called Jay tonight from work to see if he was getting ready for bed and he said that he was just going to sleep downstairs on the couch. I asked him why and he said that he couldn't sleep in our bed the first night in our house alone...that we BOTH needed to sleep in our bed together first. How sweet is that? Tomorrow, Jay's mom is bringing over Mocha..she has been able to take care of her for us while we have been figuring everything out. The apartments we were staying in charges $20 /month extra for pets, a $350 pet deposit and needs all these vet requirements. We couldn't do all that. Luckily, Mocha has been able to stay there and have fun with their white poodle Nikki. We are hoping that Mocha doesn't think we'll be feeding her 3 times a day. Furthermore, she will not be getting WET food. Jay's mom TOTALLY pampers the dogs. (which they DEFINITELY deserve) but they feed Nikki this concoction that needs a recipe! It's a mixture of wet and dry food! We hear that Mocha has been just loooving it! We are a little worried that Mocha will miss Nikki terribly, and vice versa but we know she'll be glad to be home with us and the boys. I have really missed curling up with her and sleeping ...even if she does push on me all night and ends up with more room than ME! I can't wait to hear her paws tap tap tap on the hardwoods. Everytime that we go over to visit Mocha just has this look on her face like she's waiting for us to tell her to come on. Oh how happy she'll be to know that she's staying with us again for good. I can't wait until she can go outside on the porch with me in the evenings and keep me company while I read and relax.
Yesterday, I put Seth in his crib and I came back when I heard him making strange noises. He had scooted *is that a word? himself all around in the crib so he could see himself in his toy mirror and he was holding onto the little crinkly animals on the mirror. Oh, it was the sweetest thing! He was PLAYING and cooing and spitting!! It was soo cute. I took a picture of it, please notice those chins. What a blessing to have such healthy and happy kids! Parker Jay..well he's just 100% 2 years old. Into everything, on top of everything. Sweet as can be. He is such a little sensitive fella! We went over to my mom and George's for their Christmas party last weekend and he got a James the train from them and he just loves it so much he asks to sleep with it. Well, when I tell him it's time for bed he says, "James comin?"
We are right across from one of the greenways...and I look forward to all the walking and outdoorsy stuff we can do :) I'm looking forward to all the memories having a home brings. Holidays, warmth from family and friends, and a wonderful doggie to share all the memories with as well.
Merry Christmas from our silly family, to yours!!
~Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers