Friday, December 11, 2009

HI

Hi friends! I am at work tonight, trying to hold my eyeballs open. I wanted to blog because of course, I haven't since I was off work during the week. It seems that my best blogging time is at work.
This week, we discovered that the mold in ALL of our apartment windows came back. We cleaned it with Tilex last week and it all went away. We thought the problem was all fixed...until the rain came. After getting the property manager out there, she said we could get out of our lease if we needed to. Especially b/c we have small kids. Oh, how greatful we are! We CANNOT stay where there is mold growing?! Are you crazy!? So, we started looking at HOUSES to rent in the area. We are both very excited about having a house...you know-
1.mums up the front steps on each side
2. pumpkins
3. a wreath on the front door
4. a welcome mat on the inside and outside.
5. garland going up the stairs at Christmas
6. a Christmas tree you can see from the road
7.african violets growing in the kitchen windowsill
8. baby gates at the stairs
9.wicker furniture on the back patio
10.picture frames on the mantle
11.alphabet magnet letters on the fridge
12.burning candle in the 1/2 bath downstairs
13. the smell of dinner when you walk in the door
14. the screech of your chair when you slide out from the table after dinner
15. nightlights
16. family portraits going up the stairs...the frames you have to straighten everytime you go up!
17. pajamas that have feet in them with slippies.
18. white downcomforter on the bed
19. fluffy, wild colored pillows
20. Crooked hangers in the closet.
21.pretty handsoap in the bathrooms
22. a special handtowel in the 1/2 bath for guests
23.citronella candles in the summer

All of these things make me feel like I'm home. I hope that you have a little piece of home in your heart right now too.
Winter is almost here!!
I'll keep you updated on the hourse situation!!
Baby hugs,
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers