Sunday, November 08, 2009

Happy Holidays :0)

The holidays are fast approaching now--what an exciting time for my new little family! I was pretty bummed to hear that I have to work Thanksgiving and New Year's as my holidays. However, once I looked at the schedule noticed that I work Thanksgiving night and the night after as well as New Year's Eve. So, I'm glad I'll be able to celebrate Thanksgiving all day (and fatten up lol) before going into work. Also, I'm glad that even though I work on such a fun party night, I'm off New Year's Day and can celebrate the new year coming in with those closest to me. I have Christmas Eve and Day off (lucky lady) but have to work the night after. *who cares?! I went to wal-mart the other night for some retail therapy after Parker was in bed and Seth was fat and happy after a feed. I couldn't believe all the fun Christmas stuff already out! The sparkly green and blue ornaments were so cute and I couldn't believe their $1 ornaments! Tinsel and wreath picks caught my eye and I started thinking of all the cute things I could make! Their wreath hooks for the door were only $2.50 and of course, I loved the star one the best. I've still got to order Seth's stocking. All of us have a stocking from LLBean-or it may be Lands End. They are monogrammed- Mommy, Daddy, Parker Jay...and now we need one for little Sethie. Of course, I want a real tree and have already picked out my spot for it in the sunroom windows :0) I can't wait to see Parker Jay on Christmas morning when he realizes that Santa has come and brought him toys. I'm excited about staying up late and wrapping presents and tying ribbons and hanging ornaments. And, having Parker Jay help. God, life is good. I feel warm and snuggly just thinking about it. I'm hoping that we get a little bit of snow this year so that we can take fun pictures of Parker playing outside in it. Everything is so magical right now and new to him. I'm thinking it will be super special to watch him and cherish the newness of the holidays. I just want to squeeze him. I can't wait to take him to see Santa this year at the mall. Maybe that will help a little with the "terrible twos"..which have been bad and depending on the day..can be really bad. I've found though that most of the tantrums are right when it's time for a meal and he's hungry, or it's time for bed. He very rarely acts up outside of those times. I think I'm just starting to realize that I'm really a mommy of 2 boys. They're both here, they're both bright-eyed and happy and healthy, and so very loved. I don't know what I ever did before them. Well, okay that's a lie. I'll tell you what I did. I read books, I drank coffee in the quiet, I showered whenever I wanted, I hopped in the car whenever I wanted, I didn't eat because I was stressed out, I slept in on Saturdays,  I went to movies, I shopped at the mall, I wore skinny little pants, and normal sized bras. But, I also had a hole in my heart. I longed in my loins for babies. And, here they are. Perfect. And, they love me. They need me. And, one day I'll be able to read all the books I want. I'll be able to talk on the phone without interruptions and I'll be able to finish my coffee and read my books in the evening, and watch reruns of HGTV. And, I'll have done a good job. I'll be able to know that all the sleepless days and nights, all the triumphs and setbacks and changed sheets and sacrifices made them into strong, happy, healthy, kind men. What better gift could I give the world? What better gift could they give me? Happy Holidays from the Lewises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers