Friday, November 06, 2009

busy day

Hmmm....let's see. Shall we talk about my busy day? Woke up at 7- fed Seth while Jay got up to hang out with Parker Jay. Time Warner Cable came to the house around 715....yawn, no lie. Haverty's furniture delivered cushions for our couch @ 1030. Seth was ready to feed again at 1130. Showered, loved on Parker, put Parker down for a nap. Lunch. Facebook. Parker went to grandma's for the weekend. 6 week pp checkup with my favorite OB doctor :) Wendy's for a frosty, pumped as soon as we got home, scrubs on, brushed teeth, packed a lunch...kissed Sethie and Jay...and on the way to UNC. ...where I sit right now. YAWN..for another 5.5 hours!
Okay, now let me explain the postpartum checkup. Because, I mean, I know that's what you want to know about :)

Weight checked, vital signs checked. Disgruntled over weight...but working on it!!
We discussed the copper IUD vs. Mirena IUD with our OB. After much thought, and since my cycles aren't very regular...our doctor recommended the Mirena because she said if I have any PCOS-like syndrome going on, the Mirena hormones will protect the lining of my uterus of endometriosis and endometrial cancer. The copper IUD she said, makes cramping and bleeding worse. ECK! (However, we had been considering it because it is hormone-free).
It started out just like any other vaginal exam. ECK. It turns out, the speculum was the most uncomfortable thing- really. I wouldn't lie to ya. After it was all over...I just took a deep breath. No birth control pills for 5 years, a high probability that I will stop having periods/bleeding all together on Mirena, and effectiveness were all reasons that we were thinking Mirena outwitted/outsmarted/and outdid (SAT word :)) the copper IUD or any other form of birth control we could think of.
The drawback? One week before it's truly effective.
We talked about breastfeeding, we talked about my moods, we talked about the skin tag that has been living on my inner thigh since what seems like birth. *(And she removed that) ...we talked about how exhausting it is having 2 children.
Jay told her that Mirena looks like a drywall anchor!!!! And, I almost was incontinent of urine..right there with my feet in the stirrups!! Jay made me laugh and laugh. He's probably the best at that...even when I'm hurting, uncomfortable or mad...he comes through with something original and funny!
Oh, and for the record, Mirena isn't paying me anything to say how simple, how painfree, and how lovely it is to have their IUD as opposed to a copper IUD or birth control pill. However, I sure wish that they were paying me to say that! I'm hoping that next week and next month, I'll still be singing the praises of the IUD. I promise to update you my little blogger buddies!
Some of you do not know, or didn't figure out via the pictures that I have a nose piercing. Yep, you heard me. You read me! A nose piercing. It's one of the greatest things I've ever done. I'm telling you the truth when  I say that it hurt like a mother huncher...but I took it and I now LOOOVE it! It' shining under the light...little glimmer!! I look at it in the mirror and genuinely feel like it expresses the artsy girl that I am. And, I dyed my hair "darkest brown" and ..I must say, I'm looking pretty darn good :) Well, besides the blimp around my midsection from all those butter biscuits from Bojangles while pregnant!
Next up on the list of things to do with extra money==== tattoo. This little endeavor may be a while off...because even though it isn't costly and I've made up my mind where I want it...it takes time to go and sit and have it done. We all know how crazy it is to get time for a shower with 2 kids..much less getting out of the house for a tattoo or a trip to the mall!
I apologize for this flighty blog posting. I hope all the dots aren't getting on your nerves. For some reason I have to use them when I'm connecting my thoughts...see...did it again. It just seems appropriate.
I'm not sure how it feels to sit back and read my blog. The blog of little miss brat, little miss spoiled. Little missy. But, it sure as heck feels great being the one writing it. I am a very wealthy woman. The richest I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers