Friday, October 09, 2009

yawn

I'm back tonight at work for my second week :( Not doing so bad, I guess the good news is that we all made it through the week and we haven't killed anyone or each other yet :) Sleep is getting harder to come by with mister Parker in the house throughout the week and we just keep thinking that once Sethie is sleeping through the night, we'll be golden! My breastmilk volume took a nosedive this week and Jay seems to think it's because I'm not drinking enough fluids...I think it's a combo of a lot of things...probably not drinking enough, not sleeping enough, only breastpumping (not doing any breastfeeding), and burning my candle at all ends. The good news, is that today before leaving for work, I breastfed Seth and he LOVED it, and I had to use a nipple shield because he still wants to BITE with his gums! But, we both did well and tonight when I pumped here at work, I had 2 oz more than I've been having. So, I think I'm just going to try to start exclusively breastfeeding at home and we'll see how it goes. As long as I can use the nipple shield, it'll be fine. We'll see.
I spoke with the nurse manager in the NCCC and she was supposed to have the assistant nurse manager call me to set up an interview this past week. The assistant nurse manager called and left me a message saying that I need to go through HR so they can do a background check and verify my RN licensure. Imagine my insanity when I listened to the voicemail...um HELLOOOO I already work for UNC! Anyways, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. It just feels like a ton of paperwork, drama, and ass kissing right now to do all of that. The message also said that when they hire someone who doesn't have NCCC experience, they usually start them all together on orientation and they just started one so probably wouldn't have another one for "quite some time." Blah blahdee blah blah. Bottomline is, when you want something bad enough, nothing will stop you. So I guess I will just try to be happy with where I am right now. I want to work straight weekend-nights for the money and as long as my present unit can give me that, I need to make it work...money is more important right now than a 3 year goal.
I guess I'm signing off for the night...
Hope everyone is well and happy and tucked in warm...
I'm ready for a state fair caramel apple!!
MMMMM....

Baby hugs,
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers