Saturday, October 10, 2009

hunky dory

So, things are hunky dory! I was driving on my way to work today thinking about what a rich woman I am. Rich in the fact that I have a car, a roof, a wonderful lifemate/soulmate/friend/husband, 2 healthy and happy boys, a job, and a positive outlook on life. There are so many people, people that I'm sure you know...who wake up, drag theirselves into work, and never crack a smile. How? I feel sorry for those folks because I think back to how rich I am and think that they must have nothing. I guess I would feel like they do if I was missing any of the parts to my life. I would feel empty in some way. That's the only rationale that I have for these people who walk around with the weight of the world on their shoulders. I can only imagine what stress THEY must be under. I mean, I feel that my life is WAAAY too stressful. But, to have it reflected so much on the outside must be horrible, you know? It's the meditation in my heart that I never have to know what it feels like to wake up frowning, stay that way all day, and go to bed frowning. I hope that I always know that I can choose differently for my life. And, I hope to teach my kids that important lesson. I think that's one thing I hope they get from me if nothing else. If you don't like your life, do all of us a favor and change it. Change your job, change your outlook. If you can't change it, then who can?! Okay, sorry I got on my soapbox for a bit. I didn't take any pictures on my cellphone of the kids today...and that makes me sad a little. I think that's a first. I'll have to double up tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers