Friday, October 16, 2009

happy days!

As you can tell by the pictures below, Parker Jay LOVES being outside. We've been trying to teach him how to pedal on his red tricycle. Um, he has the hang of it, going DOWNHILL but doesn't seem to be quite strong enough to pedal himself on a flat ground. He seems to be developing his daredevil skills, because he really likes to turn around and go down the same hilly spots and get going fast. I can already tell we have a little Bam Margera on our hands. The faster, the better...well, I think he has that honest! When he starts waking us up doing firecrackers in the house at 2am, I guess we'll have to have a discussion. For the time being, I guess I'm okay with him going super fast and getting a thrill out of it. I mean, that's living right? He knows daddy is there to catch him at the end of the incline and grins ear to ear. It's adorable. The other night, we went and got him up at like 2am and let him sleep with us in the middle of the bed all snuggled up and warm. It was pretty priceless. And, I cherished it. And, I think we'll be doing that more often, especially on these chilly nights. Every kid deserves to snuggle every once-in-awhile and have breakfast in bed :)
Seth- nothing new with that guy. Still sweet as ever. We took our first trip to Wal-mart yesterday with him and I walked around with him in the baby bjorn. By the time we were leaving, my back was KILLING me but I was so happy with how easy it was to use and how happy he was snuggled up inside. It was chilly outside but he was super warm and that made me feel good. We went to BJs today and our carseat doesn't lock into the top part of the cart so I took a cart with Seth in it and Jay pushed a cart for our groceries *which we filled up!!
Fall is here, and it's wonderful. It's family. It's friends, it's warmth.
Hope your fall is memorable.
~Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers