Friday, September 25, 2009

Sweet boys

Well, today was a much better day. Seth took 3 oz at a time and slept SOOO good after his feedings. *knock on nearest wood surface. Parker seemed MUCH better today too. I didn't have to raise my voice at him hardly at all. Having one baby, it's like...yeah, I've  got a baby. Having 2 babies, it's like...yeah I have a family. I have a reason. I have everything. It's so wonderful. And, it teaches me patience...which is one thing that I don't have a lot of. I know what it means to have your heart walk around outside of your body...because my whole world is wrapped up in these kids and my hubby.
Let's see, how am I doing? Well, I went into Lowe's foods tonight and bought 3 packs of the biggest, most hideous, widest, fattest granny pads I could find. I was praying for a self-checkout. But, of course there was only one lonely checkout lane, with a happy 18 year old Asian guy just waiting for me. To make matters worse, he says to me, "have a nice weekend." Um, yeah. Thanks. I will. I'll take my happy ass out of here with these HUGE granny pads and I'll do that...have a nice weekend. I just smiled smugly and said, "you too." LOL. At least I had deoderant too. The Tom's organic kind. Sorry, but there's no way you can tell me that all that aluminum doesn't get into my breastmilk when I slather it on under my pits. I wish I would've thought of it earlier...but I didn't. Better late than never I guess.
I've been looking at Parker's baby book tonight and  reminiscing and oohing and ahhing over the pictures and all the funny things that I've written in there. It's so hard to believe that he's 2 years old...and all that we've been through with him. It's also crazy to think that Seth will be going through all the same stages. How fun it is and how sleep depriving.
Well, I guess I'm going to rest up a bit.
Hope everyone has a good night. I hear it's supposed to rain all day again tomorrow here...ugggh...makes me so tired!!

Baby hugs,
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers