Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Juicy Juice :)

  Okay, so I'm 38 weeks pregnant and wondering when the time will be. I look in the sky and see an almost full moon and know that this pregnancy and the timing of Seth's birth is all just part of a cycle, like the moon. And, even though I'm growing more and more inpatient, I know that for everything there is a time, a place, and a season. We went to the doctor today and my heartrate was pretty elevated. My doctor said that since right now, I'm asymptomatic, we'll just keep an eye on it at the next checkup. She said that hopefully, after delivery, this will fix itself.
I posted a picture of the dresser that I painted for Seth's room. I bought it on craigslist for $20, repainted it and jazzed it up a little. I'm pretty happy with the way that it turned out. It's going to be very sweet in his room! And Lord knows he has enough clothes to put in it! Gosh I can't wait to see him!
   I'm sure you see the picture of our juicer that we got on mad clearance. Jay has been wanting us to get one for awhile and when we came across this one on a crazy sale, we HAD to get it. Jay used to work at a coffee shop that his parents owned back in the day and he knows how to make some amazing drinks. Tonight, for our first drinks from the machine, he combined carrots and apples for us. I think there were about 10 organic carrots and about 5 apples for our drinks. Oh my goodness, I never knew that those 2 would taste so good together!! We are excited about making juice for us and the kids. Organic carrots are super cheap at BJs and we bought a big bag of apples there too. There's no way that this drink can't be SUPER good for you. I'm really excited about it. He's really handy in the kitchen. I was excited that this one is stainless steel too, because it matches our espresso machine that we got on sale a while back too. Let me tell you, Jay can make a heck of an iced mocha. And, he makes decaf ones just for me :)
  Yesterday, we went to TJMaxx and found a white, down-like blanket by Ralph Lauren for our bed and some chocolate brown sheets. We have sold our bedset, the man is supposed to bring some movers to get it tomorrow. We plan on buying a queen (downsize) frame or platform bed with mattress and boxsprings and then 2 nightstands. Gosh, I'm just excited to be getting into our new place. We went by there today and they still haven't put down the carpet, Jay is glad because he feels like at least they aren't using it to show people what it looks like at the apartment complex. I'm just getting anxious because I want it to be finished and ready for us on Sept. 9th to move in! We are probably just going to move the bare necessities for the boys and us the first few days and then gradually move the other stuff. Thank goodness we have the Honda Element- we can take all the seats out and load her up. That thing is amazing and I looove it!
  Well, I promise to post some pictures of mister Seth whenever he arrives. I'll probably post the pictures before I'm really able to blog about him. So, just be patient after seeing the pictures...I promise to catch you up on the fun story after we're settled in. (And, if we remember the laptop in our rush out the door.)
  The weather has been gorgeous here for the last few days, it's just a tease for fall which is hopefully here to stay!
Happy Fall Y'all
Baby Love,
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers