Tuesday, September 15, 2009

don't ask

Please do not make comments like, "you still haven't had that baby yet?" or..."has the baby dropped yet?" or...."Kimmie, that baby just isn't coming out is he." All of the above are offensive and just not allowed. Thanks. We went to the doctor today. He asked how I was. I told him that the car was packed and the baby-sitter was on-call. He asked me if I was serious. Um, yes as serious as a frigg'n heart attack! He measured my stomach and found it to be measuring 42 weeks. My cervix check revealed 1-2 cm, and my cervix is now anterior instead of posterior. Please excuse this mess writing, it's about 4am and I'm trying to catch up and stay awake at the same time! Okay, so regardless of all of those things, he said that we could either be induced on Tuesday (the 22nd) or Thursday (Parker Jay's 2nd Bday ,the 24th!!) Um, really? I couldn't tell you how disappointed and sick I was when I left. He did strip my membranes since this time it was easier since I was 2 cm dilated. We immediately left and called my best friend Corrie. She was just as mad as we were. So, on with work for this week. He says though, that he thinks I will deliver Wednesday or Thursday. Grrrreat. Seems like a dang forever and a day!!
Needless to say, we're pretty much all moved in (besides a few knick knacks and foods)  and OH MY GOSH...it's the nicest place EVER...and we love ours! The open floor plan and brightness of the room really go well together. We got a new mattress and platform bed and it's sooo nice to sleep on. I challenge anyone to find a more comfy bed.
I'll upload some new pics of PJ when I get a chance.I'll have to do better about taking pictures...especially now that he's growing so fast and getting so accustomed to his own little personality!

Hugs and baby love, hope to have good news soon!!!!
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers