Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Brothers

We got a great video today of Parker and Seth meeting for the first time. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to post the video on here. I'll have to look into that and maybe post it later tonight or this evening. It was so sweet...Jay and I had both spent time with Parker individually and then I went into our bedroom where Seth was sleeping in his bassinett and brought him out. Parker was like "baby" and he was shy. He said "hug"...and bent over to hug Seth. It was super sweet. I'm thankful that we got it all on video--what a special moment in time. Also, I explained to Parker Jay that they both had the same shirts on. Parker's said Big Brother and Seth's said little Brother. We are a little hesitant right now letting Parker hold Seth because he's been sick. But, he's been acting fine and without a fever or anything since he got home. For that, I am very thankful! I must say, these last few nights of not sleeping much and pumping every 2-4 hours has really started to catch up with me. I mean, really? But, I feel like I really am doing good by pumping for Sethie. Right now, Jay and Parker are snuggled up on the couch under blankets watching the Bernstein Bears and I'm sitting here with the baby monitor. It's been a chill day. And, the weather has changed from rainy and gray outside to sunny. Maybe later we can all go for a walk. I feel like I could use some fresh air and sunshine. And Parker Jay loves going outside. Parker and I snuggled a little bit ago after he woke up from his nap. We sat on the couch and he had his eyes closed and I just cherished the moment. Having Seth...and him being so small compared to Parker...I realize just how much maybe I've taken for granted. And, perhaps how I've worried about things that don't matter so much. Moments spent snuggling on the couch are moments that should be cherished. And, they're of course more important than the dishes. Even though that seems like a no-brainer, it's easy to get caught up in trying to have everything perfect. Luckily, I'm with someone who doesn't think that dishes and things matter as much as the cherished moments. And, I realize what a blessing that is.
I hope that you all find a second or two to cherish today...just close your eyes, take a deep breath...and cherish.
Love and baby hugs,
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers