Saturday, August 22, 2009

Things never to tell your pregnant wife

I thought that this would be fun.
Let's see, for starters....
1."2 more weeks, just hang in there 2 more weeks."
2. "I know, you're just hormonal right now..."
3."You want a salad for lunch?"
4."What do you mean you need more maternity clothes, didn't you just buy a bunch a few weeks ago?"
5."It's just laundry."
6." Whoa, you're sooo much bigger than you were when you were pregnant with (insert previous child's name)"

Today, Corrie came over and hung out and tried to talk Seth into coming out. The plan was for us to walk and walk and walk...but, Hurricane Bill is giving us rain, rain, rain. So, we ended up watching The Grinch on tv (already?! :)
and going shopping. Oh, but we did get some starbucks....Corrie got some pumpkin latte thingee and I got a white hot chocolate :) And, we rolled the windows up in the car, blasted the A/C and pretended it was fall already. LOL.

Corrie told me that she had a bag packed for her car--with comfy clothes and hard candy and snacks and all. We talked about how frigg'n scared I am. I went into labor with Parker at home in the middle of the night. I'm hoping that this time is just as easy. Well....I guess it's all relative.

Tonight I dressed Parker in some warmer pajamas and turned his fan on high. He falls asleep so fast when he has that white noise. Anyways, the pajamas had rubber bottoms on the feet and they zipped all the way from the foot to his neck. Oh, he was so snuggly when he climbed into bed. And, so sweet. He says "mama...hug." or "daddy...hug." And stretches out his arms...it's so precious.

I tucked him in bed tonight and thanked my god for my 3 boys.
And, my dear friends.

Baby love and labor juju---
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers