Wednesday, August 26, 2009

How's it gonna be??!

Lastnight (Monday) I was floated to the Newborn Nursery and had the best time!! I gave baby baths, took baby vital signs, fed them baby bottles and all I could think was, "baby, baby, baby!" I had lots of contractions while I was there lastnight which may have just been a coincidence but they were pretty strong, just not painful! Gosh, you seem to forget how miraculous they are with their perfectly formed lips with wrinkles and noses and eyelids. So amazing. Tonight, I'm on my home unit- 3w taking care of pregnant women that need bedrest and monitoring and antibiotics or IV fluids...and there were 17 patients upstairs waiting on Labor and Delivery to be seen! 17! Why wasn't I one of them?! No clue. I don't know what Seth is holding out for!! I've had a few painful contractions tonight...but nothing remarkable and nothing to really write about. We go back to the doctor on Friday.
One of the girls in the nursery lastnight said that she gave me 3 days max.
Then, today...Jay with his perfect sweet words said, "Kim, you aren't so big really from the front. But, when you turn to the side, you look like you have a torpedo belly." Um, I think that can go under the list of things NOT to tell your wife when she's miserable, fat, plump, lacking sleep and on the verge of tears. But, I must admit that it was funny. He has a way of making me laugh even at myself which no one has ever been able to do before. But, don't give him too much credit, there's a lot to laugh at me about right now :)
I'm in the middle of my 3 night stretch of work..it's night 2 of 3. And, I'm frigg'n tired!!

Hope everyone is well... life is good.
Baby Love,
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers