Sunday, August 23, 2009

Another wonderful day...

Tomorrow night I'll be starting a 3 night stretch at UNC so that means sleeping all day and missing out on spending time with my boys. So, today I was able to sleep in, and get some laundry done. One of my best friends Macy came by and brought a bouquet of flowers over for me..."just because"...how sweet. We stretched out and had some girl time and it was wonderful. Parker Jay and I took a stroll around the neighborhood in the sit and stand stroller. I must admit, I probably looked super silly with only 1 child in a 2 seater stroller. But, I mean...I had to test the new wheels :) And, Parker loved it. He gladly pointed out every truck on the block like he's never seen one before and said "mama!!!! mama!!!! Trrruck."
Just as an aside, I shaved my legs this morning. (Pat on back...you'll never know how long it took) and it was pretty sticky outside...needless to say, after about 10 minutes, my legs were itching like something out of this world! Much to Parker Jay's dismay, we came right on back inside the house so I could scratch my ankles and calf muscles without the entire neighborhood watching.
Listen, if you're looking for a heck of a deal on candles that smell grrreat, Wal-mart has this 5 candle set right now that's 2 big ones and 3 little ones- for $10. They smell the entire house up and I got the pumpkin spice ones...let me tell you, they smell so cozy and fall-like and beg for cold weather!
And, my new favorite CD is Taylor Swift's Fearless. Corrie and I listened to the "Best Day" song yesterday in her car and cried like idiots; super sweet song. I'd highly recommend listening to the lyrics and thinking of your kids and parents.
Time to fluff the stuff in the dryer I forgot :)
Baby love,
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog. It's a dedicated place for my book reviews, criticism, and love of all things bookish. I am a mom of 4 busy kids that uses reading as my, "thing." I find that reading books turns off all (okay, mostly all?) of the noise of my world and lets me get away for a bit. Reading helps me escape the reality of the piles of laundry that will never be done, the dust bunnies that I swear will one day grow legs, and the emails and outlook calendar that occupy my life Monday- Friday during working hours. Reading is therapy for me and always has been. I've always been a big dork, introverted, creative, and reflective. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably open up a used bookstore with my standard poodle somewhere on the side of the mountain and surround myself by others who enjoy passing their time reading. Until then, I'll keep on keeping on. And, I'll settle for reading when I can. Which, I try to fit in as much as possible. Cheers to your busy life and mine, doing the best we can, as often as we can.

Followers